Arch of Janus
- saint angelo, Italy
- Via del Velabro, Roma, Italy
- Arch of Janus is the only surviving building in Rome in style Tetrapylon. This triumphal arch, which is located at the intersection of bovine Forum, was built in the beginning of the IV century. When its construction was used spol there borrowed parts destroyed buildings. Construction of the Arch of Janus, likely was dedicated to Constantine I or Kanstantsyyu II.
Today the name of the Arch of Janus will probably get in the Renaissance or later and was not used in the description of classical antiquity. The name comes from the four facades, four arched structures, the so-called four-faced Janus, Janus or Kvadrifrons, which is mentioned in the descriptions of ancient Rome.
Arch from the middle of the XVIII century has remained virtually untouched, but before that, in the Middle Ages, the family franzhipan turn the building into a fortress, which lasted until 1830. Then the upper part of the structure was demolished. Mainly on the assumption that this part did not belong to the original design of the Arch of Janus.
Inside coexist with Arch church of San Giorgio al Velabrum preserved dedicatory letters that relate to the Arch of Janus.
- Mouth of TruthLa Bocca della believe Mouth of Truth a huge carved marble medallion which shows the human face This monument has frequently been the hero of the film and enveloped many secrets Researchers believe that this is a sculpture was created in the I...
- Street Theatre of MarcellusTheatre of Marcellus Street begins at the same site of the historic Italian city of Rome where there is a cliff where it was dumped down the Roman Empire changed Tarpeia Thus Rock got its name in the name of a traitor On this street  Rome is a...
- Temple of SaturnThe ancient Romans generally very often built all sorts of facilities in honor of the gods who in gratitude to defend the city from the wars and other disasters It is not surprising that after such an important victory city authorities decided to... Roma
- PalatinePalatine Hill is of great importance for the history of ancient Rome According to legend it was on the Palatine hill and there was a powerful empire Uskormlenyya wolf Romulus and Rem long time looking for a place for the future of the colony of Alba... Campitelli
- Basilica of St. Bartholomew on the IslandBasilica of St Bartholomew on the island a famous tutulyarnaya Basilica located on an island called Tiberina (Rome Italy) Basilica of St Bartholomew on the island was built in 1000 on the orders of Emperor Otto III The church was founded on the site...
- Lupa CapitolinaKapіtalіyskaya wolf bronze sculpture which is stored in the Roman Capitoline Museum It is surrounded with so many mysterious legends is one of the most famous sculptures of mysterious worldwide The first mention of this sign  and the symbol of... Roma
- Theatre of MarcellusTheatre of Marcellus this is the only ancient theater which is a miracle preserved in Rome Construction of the theater began at 13 and ended at 12 BC An interesting fact is that the theater eventually served as a model for the construction of the...
- Place du CapitoleKapіtalіyskaya Square famous square in Rome which together with the architectural ensemble surrounding it was built by Michelangelo in the XVI century The area is located on the famous seven hills of Rome the Capitol which was the center of the... Roma
- Arch of Septimius SeverusThis magnificent three span arch was erected in 203 in honor of the glorious victories of the Roman emperor Septymіya North over Parfіyay The basis of the arch is made of simple brick and marble outside it The height and width of the building is... Roma
- Senatorial PalaceHistorically this place has always been associated with the political life of the city The palace was built as a public archive has 78 BC Currently senatorial palace on Kapіtalіyskay area of Rome is the seat of the mayor One of the seven... Roma
- Statue of Marcus AureliusEquestrian statue of Marcus Aurelius was founded in 180's is a bronze Roman statue First gilded statue of Aurelius was installed on the slope of the Capitol in front of the Roman Forum Sculpture is the only statue survived  from antiquity On the... Roma
- Temple of VestaTemple of Vesta in Rome has long been one of the most important and respected facilities in the city The temple was built in honor of the goddess Vesta patroness of the hearth Inside the temple constantly burning fire which embodied the immortality... Campitelli
- Temple of Apollo SozianaTemple of Apollo Soziana formerly known as Apollinaris and the Temple of Apollo the physician is a Roman temple dedicated to Apollo in the Champ de Mars beside the de Marseille and Galleries Aktavіі Real name of the temple came from his last re...
- Big Circus MassimoCircus Massimo is a oval structure whose construction dates from the second century BC In the days of ancient Rome Circus Maximus was the largest stadium The construction of the foundation stone of his designs had a hand himself  Julius Caesar... San Paolo
- Park San AlessioPark in San Alessio hillside Aventsіne directly opposite the well known Circus Maximus locals call a rose garden The park is open to visit a couple of months a year Occupying a leading position in Aventsіne Rosario was for many centuries the Roman... San Paolo
- Statue of a she-wolf suckled Romulus and RemusStatue Kapіtalіyskay wolf (lat Lupa Capitolina) Etruscan bronze sculpture on stylistic grounds dates from the V century BC and which is stored in Rome since ancient times The first mention of Kapіtalіyskay wolf found in "Natural History" Pliny... Roma
- Isola TiberinaTiberina or Tiber Island a small elongated island on the Tiber river south of Vatican City Its length is 270 meters width 67 According to legend this island was formed from the mud and filth which have adhered to the corpse of the tyrant Tarquinius...
- Monument Cole di RienzoMonument Cole di Rienzo (Nicola di Lorenzo Gabrini) in Rome one of the best works of the famous Italian sculptor Girolamo Mazіnay The monument designed in conjunction bronze marble and brick set near the monumental staircase on Capitol Hill This... Roma
- Portico of OctaviaPortico Aktavіі this building of ancient Rome which unfortunately did not make it to this day in its original form Overall graceful architectural structure now looks ruins However in this way you can guess ruined all the pristine beauty ...
- Jewish Museum of RomeJewish Museum of Rome is located in a huge building of the Great Synagogue It was opened in 1960 to showcase the collections of the Jewish commune of Rome The museum houses a Roman silver XVII XVIII centuries precious textiles from all over Europe...
- Capitoline MuseumsCapitoline Museum is the oldest complex of the city's museums not only in Rome but throughout the rest of the world The founder of this complex is considered to Pope Sixtus IV in the 15th century passed into the collection of the new museum... Roma
- Basilica of Santa Maria in AracoeliBasilica of Santa Maria in Aracoeli built on top of the Capitoline Hill in Rome considered to be one of the main attractions of the Eternal City This is also known as the Basilica of St Mary's Church Basilica of Santa Maria in Aracoeli was... Roma
- The Roman ForumIn the days of ancient Rome Roman Forum was the central area First it was the market after the market has become a popular place of the People which eventually led to the creation of the Curia the seat of the Senate Forum considered the center of... Campitelli
- OrangeryOrange Garden a picturesque park which is known popularly as the Park Savelli It is located on the site of a fortress which belonged to the family of Savelli The park was opened in 1932 Orange garden is a favorite place for Romans and visitors alike... San Paolo