Tsoi-Pede - Chechen City of the Dead
- Hacharoj-Ehk, Russia
- Itum-Kale district, Chechen Republic
- City of the Dead Tsoi-Pede is located in the Itum-Kale district of the Republic of Chechnya, near the border between Russia and Georgia. Tsoi-Pede is located 40 kilometers from the village of Itum-Kale, on a promontory located at the confluence of Meshi-hee and Changtu-Argun. Proximity to the border explained the fact that the visit of the largest medieval necropolis requires permission from the FSB. Tsoi-Pede consists of 42 cellars, two watchtowers and two sanctuaries. The exact date of founding of the city of the dead is not known, the earliest tombs include approximately the V century, it is known that in the XVII century it has been used for its intended purpose.
Tsoi-Pede is located in the historic area Melhista, which translates from the Chechen as "Country of the Sun". The very name of Tsoi-Pede is translated as "The settlement of the deity."
Majestic crypts dazzling. All vaults are disclosed, and they are many human bones that lie here for centuries. On one of the watchtowers can be seen mosaic figure. It is believed that this image St. George. On the walls of some buildings can be seen preserved petroglyphs, some of which have not yet been deciphered by scholars.
- Lake Cento amNot very big but picturesque lake Cento am located in the territory of the Chechen Republic in the Itum Kale district This area is a river gorge Cento York Height above sea level is 1000 meters The maximum depth of the lake reaches  10 meters... Itum-Kale
- Lake GalanchozhVery beautiful lake Galanchozh is in the Chechen Republic More precisely in Galanchozh area It is a mountainous Chechnya headwaters basin Geghi and the right slope of the valley of the river Osuhi Galanchozh located at an altitude of 100 meters... verhnij Alkun
- Shatili villageShatili village situated on the northern slopes of the Greater Caucasus Mountain Range in the historical region of Georgia Khevsureti It is 2 kilometers from the border with Chechnya In the past villagers often fought with the Chechens The famous... Shatili
- Lake Geghi AmChechen mountain abounds in many beautiful small lakes One of them is Lake Geghi Am It is spread over an area of 50 hectares in area Galanchozh republic in the valley basin Geghi It is a mountainous Chechnya The height of the lake above sea... verhnij Alkun
- Lake Urgyuhhoy amThanks to its natural location the Chechen Republic has an excellent alpine climate with unique color Here among the mountains and valleys spread a lot of small but very picturesque lakes One lake Urgyuhhoy am  located in the valley of the river... Shatoj
- Tusheti National ParkTusheti National Park was created in 2003 to protect the endangered and very rare species of wild goat The park is huge This includes 83 453 of the national park about 27 903 of a reserve and 10694 of the nature reserve National Park visitors can... Bikurta
- Kazbegi National ParkKazbegi National Park is located in the historical gorge on the northern slope of the Caucasus in the basin of the Terek River Kazbegi protected territory the total area of 8707 hectares Kazbegi has quite rich tourist potential breathtaking... Amga
- Village OmaloBetween Caucasian and Tushetskim ridges is only village Omalo Travelers always attracts clean air majestic mountains original architecture and hospitable locals No wonder the famous movie was filmed here George  Danelia "Mimino" Omalo is usually... Omalo
Weather in Hacharoj-Ehk