Kyiv — sights and interesting facts
page: 5, results: 558
- Ukrainian HouseUkrainian house is located in the city of Kiev on the famous Khreschatyk Street on the European Square He is currently the National Center for business and cultural cooperation The main activity of the multifunctional complex  Is carrying out... Khreschatyk Street, 2
- Kiev-Pokrovsky MonasteryPokrovsky Monastery in Kiev was founded in 1889 by Princess Alexandra Romanova the wife of Grand Duke Nicholas brother of Tsar Alexander II After 10 years of marriage the prince has accused his wife of treason and sent to Kiev Arriving in Kiev in... Bekhterievskyi Lane, 15
- Sirotkin houseSirotkin house a beautiful building in the Renaissance style After the construction of this luxury home in 1902 Grigorovich Barsky merchant faced serious financial difficulties He had to sell the property to another merchant Alexander Sirotkin  ... Prorizna street, 24
- PassagePassage is located in the capital of Ukraine Kiev Khreschatyk Street a shopping and residential complex in the form of street corridor formed by 2 parallel corpus Passage was built in 1913 1914 At the site of Passage at the turn of XIX XX centuries... Khreschatyk Street, 15
- Sculpture "Papa Carlo"Near the puppet theater in Kiev lives bronze Papa Carlo kind and a little naive character from a fairy tale "The Golden Key" Near Kiev Academic Puppet Theatre quite a few sculptures create an atmosphere of mystery immerses guests in  tale Papa... Mykhaila Hrushevskoho street, 1а
- "Leonardo" Wellness ClubWellness Club "Leonardo" a luxury spa fitness center in Kiev created for successful people who appreciate the professionalism and comfort The main direction of the club Wellness Eastern culture the perfection of body and spirit achieving harmony and... Volodymyrska street, 17
- Restaurant «MAFIA» on KhreschatykRestaurant «MAFIA» on Khreschatyk one of the most popular restaurants of Italian and Japanese cuisine in Kiev It is located in the heart of the capital on the legendary Khreschatyk Street The interior of the restaurant «MAFIA» on Khreschatyk... Khreschatyk Street, 6
- French restaurant Tres FRANCAISFrench restaurant Tres FRANCAIS one of the most popular restaurants of French style establishments in Kiev It is an integral part of the cheese shop with a wide assortment of cheeses from Lorraine Burgundy Normandy and other countries French... Kostolna street, 3
- Kiev fortressKiev fortress the largest earthen fortress in Europe and second in the world It was a fortification which is part of zahodneruskay line of fortifications The fortress was constructed in several stages from 1706 until 1870 The main part of it New... Hospitalna street, 18
- Museum books and publishing in UkraineMuseum books and publishing in Ukraine is located in the Kiev Pechersk Lavra He is a former monastery printing continuously operated since the beginning of the seventeenth century to the beginning of the XX century The two story building is an... Lavrska Street, 8
- Church of St. Nicholas the GoodChurch of St Nicholas the Good built in 1807 at the hem in Kiev by the famous architect AI Melensky Orthodox church located on the site of an old wooden church built in the XI century In 1913 there was crowned Russian writer Mikhail Bulgakov ... Pokrovska street, 7
- All Saints ChurchAll Saints Church in Kiev Pechersk Lavra a monument of architecture of the XVII century The temple was built in 1698 and is dedicated to the holiday which is celebrated by Orthodox the first Sunday after Trinity Its design is made by the type of... Lavrska Street, 3
- Monument Sholom AleichemMonument Sholom Aleichem in Kiev a monument dedicated to the prominent Jewish writer N Solomon Rabinovich The authors of the project developed in 1997 a sculptor and architect V Medvedev Yu Lositsky Bronze sculpture height of 2 5 meters mounted on a... Rohnidynska street, 3
- Profitable House Rachel MaikaparProfitable House Rachel Maikapar in Kiev architectural monument of the XX century It was built in 1905 by architect Martin Kluge was the most luxurious of the three houses of the Kiev city mansion widow Rachel Maikapar The building was badly damaged... Liuteranska Street, 6
- The bell tower of St. Sophia CathedralThe bell tower of St Sophia Cathedral in Kiev an outstanding monument of Ukrainian baroque of the XVIII century In 1709 near its walls a solemn meeting of the Battle of Poltava headed by Peter I since the bell tower is often called the Arc In the... Volodymyrska street, 22
- Tithe streetTithe Street in Kiev was built in the middle of the XIX century as part of the Three Saints Street In 1958 it became a separate street and at the same time received the current name of the Tithe Church located nearby Currently she is from St... Desyatina Street, 10
- Arch of Friendship of PeoplesIn 1982 during the preparations for the celebration of the 1500th anniversary of Kiev a sculptural composition appeared the bronze figures of Russian and Ukrainian workers pebbled from granite participants of the Pereyaslav Council in 1654...
- Museum of the History toiletKiev Museum of History toilet a unique exhibition devoted to the sanitary history of mankind It is located in Pechersk in the bastion number 5 Kiev fortress (entrance through the showroom "Ceramics in the Tower") Collection gathered...
- House Podgorski (Castle Baron)"Castle of Baron" people of Kiev called one of the most beautiful and romantic pre revolutionary buildings in Kiev House at the corner of the street Yaroslav Val and Lysenko near the Golden Gate built in the late XIX century commissioned by the...
- Postal areaPostal area a link between the Upper Town Caves and hem At this point a pier of ancient Kiev which subsequently took place Riverport Called area owes Postal Station (1850 60 AD) which preserved  the main building Decoration of the Postal Square...
- Street SagaydachnogoP Sagaidachnogo Street the main thoroughfare of the old hem one of the most picturesque streets in the city Kontraktovaya area combines with Postal Was part of Podolsko Caves line Named in honor of Hetman Sagaydachnogo whose monument  set in a...
- Elias ChurchSt Elias Church on Hem called the oldest Orthodox church in Kiev Beautiful baroque church near the Dnieper embankment built on the site of the first Christian church of the ancient city Wooden church of St Elias according to legend   founded...
- Church of St. Nicholas NaberezhnyChurch of St Nicholas Embankment (Naberezhnye Nicholas Church) on the Hem in Kiev one of the best works of outstanding Ukrainian architect I Grigorovich Barsky According to legend the first wooden church Nicholas Naberezhny was founded in the XI...
- Baptism of Russia Monument (Monument to the Magdeburg Rights)Baptism of Russia monument on the embankment of the Dnieper the first monument in Kiev It was established in 1802 on the existing once Khreshchatyi source in the ravine at the foot of Vladimir's Hill where according to legend Prince Vladimir...
Kyiv — News