Back Bay — sights and interesting facts
Back Bay is located on is on notheast part part of United States (Suffolk County, Massachusetts), 2 kilometers on southeast from Massachusetts. We have found 9 attractions here, some interesting of them: Symphony Hall, Christian Science Complex, Prudential Shopping Center, Stadium "Fenway Park", Prudential Tower,. You can to look around too. On east (1 kilometers) is Copley Square, Trinity Church in Boston (1 km), Троицкая церковь (1 km), Church of the Covenant (1 km). On nothwest (1 kilometers) is Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
We propose to visit the most interesting attractions:
- Symphony HallBoston Symphony Orchestra is widely known not only in the US but also around the world In addition he is one of the oldest symphony orchestras in the United States in its composition are the stars of world level Since 1900 the orchestra is placed in...
- Christian Science ComplexAmong the architectural monuments of Boston a huge number of churches One of the most expressive and grandiose a set of Christian Science It is the headquarters of the Boston religious movement which opposes the use of drugs   The complex of...
- Stadium "Fenway Park""Fenway Park" famous baseball arena which holds its home matches Boston team "Boston Red Sox" This stadium is the oldest in the whole of the Major Leagues It was built in 1912 Since that time "Fenway Park" was many times  renovated and now takes...
- Prudential Tower,Skyscraper Prudential Tower whose height is 228 meters is the second largest skyscraper in Boston However if the height of the tower to add and spire it becomes high in the city in this case the total height of the building is 276 meters  ...
- Old South ChurchOld South Church on Copley Square in Boston a colorful example of Italian Gothic architecture The building was built in 1874 from stone quarried in the quarries of Roxbury Gray masonry decorated with brown and pink streaks  natural stone The...
- First Church of ChristFirst Church of Christ or the Christian Science Church was built in Boston in 1894 It is the administrative center of religious doctrine called "Bostanskaya Church of Christ " The founder of the church Mary Baker Eddy was able to recover from a...
- Copley SquareThe area is known as a popular place finish of the Boston Marathon Impressive buildings located around the square in perfect harmony with the greenery of the park The buildings around the square are different in style and age but together form an... Bay Village
- Trinity Church in BostonTrinity Church in Boston which was built in the years 1872 1877 a masterpiece of American architecture In 1970 she was included in the National Register of Historic Places The church building is located at Copley Square in the Back Bay area of... Bay Village
- Троицкая церковьЕпископальная церковь Троицы расположенная на площади Копли в Бостоне была возведена в 1877 году по проекту американского архитектора... Bay Village
- Church of the CovenantGothic building of the church covenants on Newbury Street in Boston an outstanding monument of architecture of the last century The temple was designed by renowned architect Richard Upjohn in 1865 67 respectively and was built mainly on donations... Bay Village
- Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyIn 1861 was approved by the Charter of William Burton Rogers suggesting the establishment of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Society of Natural Science in Boston The authors of the document sought to create a new form of education... Cambridgeport
- Quest TombQuest Tomb is located in the United States in Boston in the entertainment center 5WITS near the park Fenway This attraction allows you to pass in a real life adventure based on the game Tomb Rider Attraction is made in the form of the tomb of the... Longwood Station
- Boston UniversityBoston University is one of the largest and well known institutions of higher education not only in the country but also abroad University takes its story from the distant 1839 During this time its walls were prepared great number of highly skilled... Cambridgeport
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral of New EnglandAnnunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral of New England was built in 1923 in Boston The building is in Byzantine style with a large central dome and four smaller domes High colonnade adorns the facade of the church emphasizing Greek  motives Since... Roxbury Crossing
- Longfellow BridgeLongfellow Bridge crosses the Charles River in Boston and connects the central part of the city to the campus in Cambridge This bridge arch type width of 32 meters and a length of 539 meters which is also the rail road and pedestrian   11 steel... East Cambridge
- Soldiers and Sailors MonumentMonument to the sailors and soldiers was erected in memory of the fallen soldiers during the Civil War Installed it in Boston Massachusetts on the draft Irish sculptors brothers Millmor The opening of the memorial was held in 1876 September 17 1877... Beacon Hill
- City GardenBoston Public Garden is part of the Boston Common Over the years he was also pasha and a place of public executions But over time it has become a favorite place for recreation not only among citizens but also tourists visiting the city  ... Beacon Hill
- Old districts Beacon Hill and North EndBoston one of the largest cities in the United States the birthplace of the American Revolution and the movement for the abolition of slavery The memory of those tumultuous times keep the old parts of the city Beacon Hill and the North End Here goes... Beacon Hill
Interesting facts Back Bay
- Elevation : 4
- South Bay
- Bay Village
- South End, Boston, MA
- Beacon Hill
- East Cambridge
- Longwood Station
- Roxbury Crossing
- Downtown Crossing